Armour inspiration for the Mythlore Costume. Velvet/suede over leather with padding. Wet moulded leather base for the shoulders?
I promise, this is absolutely the last one in the series for now. However hopefully Simon will pick another game next year that we can use to develop this costume.
I want to thank Tom Garnett for sharing some gorgeous pictures from the event where he captured all my hard work. I want to thank Simon less for not wearing the whole thing and apparently not taking the armour I made for him out of the car. However, it was designed to work in layers of various kinds, and so I think it’s ok – as long as he wears it in the future sometime so that all my hard work becomes worth it. Continue Reading
With a scant twenty-four hours before he’s due on the field at Mythlore I handed over the costume to Simon and it was at last gone from cluttering up my flat!
So here’s the pictures of the final stuff. Please excuse the unwilling model. Continue Reading
Simon and I started sorting through his leather accessories to see what we could use with the costume I was making. He pulled out one belt declaring that this would would work really well… and unfortunately it was broken. See?… Continue Reading
So I got started on the kimono that’s going to go under the yellow robes as a base layer. I dug out a nice khaki muslin fabric from the stash and worked out that I had more than enough.… Continue Reading
So there’s like… five weeks until Mythlore and it starts to become a race to see how much I can get done. Unfortunately work, LRP and surgery keep getting in the way of working on the costume parts so progress… Continue Reading
So here we go! The robes are almost finished. They just need hemming but I can’t do that without Simon being here to put them on. Hopefully we’ll do it this weekend and he can wear them at Odyssey to… Continue Reading
I’m taking a break here half way through the set of base layer robes, because I want to revel in the neat and tidy seams – you’ll see later. 😉 But here’s the process so far. I decided to dye… Continue Reading
The leg armour has affectionately become known as the battle skirt. Here’s something resembling a step-by-step of what I’ve done so far. So first of all I draped the fabric on the stand so that I could just draw the… Continue Reading
I treated myself a few weeks ago. I bought myself a pintuck foot and some double needles because I had this crazy idea that I could add texture to the base layer robes for S’s costume. This morning I decided… Continue Reading